Friday, January 12, 2007

I Need To Get Out More




I am a stay-at-home mom to two small boys (five and two) and some days I think I might be losing my mind. I can not tell you how many times a week I hear myself say "Get Your finger out of your nose" or "Its not nice to play with that in front of others" or one of my frequent favorites "Don't hit your brother with that or else were all going to the hospital." Don't get me wrong I love my job, (and if any of your ultra liberal feminists are reading this, yes mothering is a job) and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Sometimes I question my abilities, but like my mom says. "They're still alive so you you must be doing something right." Thank God for my mom.

Anyway, if even I most days I forget to brush the back of my hair and I am wearing two different pairs of sock. I have a good time. I have the pictures to prove it. The one posted below is me in one of my finer moments last fall that my husband was moved to document.

Something to remember me by when he ships me off to the mental ward.

3 comments:

JT said...

You wait. Wanna trade? We could do the wife swap thing. I'll go live with your two toddlers and your hubby and you could come over here with the three hockey players and my hubby. Which life do you prefer now?

Nice pic by the way.

Kari Lee Townsend said...

LOL love the picture. You look like you're having a blast.

Actually I prefer my stage to both yours and Jens. Mine are older than the toddler stage (except Emily, but she's 4 going on 14 I swear) and the boys are younger than Jen's craziness.

They are into sports, but right now it's just indoor lacrosse which hubby does, and then ski club, but they take the bus to that.

So, yeah, I'd be happy staying right where I am ;-)

Barbie Jo Mahoney said...

hey, we all go thru those "sanity checks". I like your mom's saying. Can we make that a refrigerator magnet please?? Nice pic BTW. Now we know what you like to do in your spare time!! (yeah, I know...WHAT spare time!)

I'm continuously telling my crew to "knock it off because we ARE NOT going to the ER today". Well, except for when my Darling Daughter decided to wear rollerblades and ride the scooter in the basement. Screaming, crying, wimpering and a trip to the ER later...it's just a bad bruise.

Hey, Jen might be onto something... Fly Girl Swap!!! (ha ha ha ha ha - SNORT - ) Those poor men wouldn't know what hit them! (ha ha ha ha ha )