Thursday, January 04, 2007

Help My TV Is Broken! Say a Novena!

Okay, so anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE TV. My big screen HD set is like my third child, and right now something is wrong with the picture tube. I am no eletrical engineer person or whoever is an expert in these type of things, and I don't know if a picture tube is even one of the parts in the thing. Either way it is broken and I am eagerly waiting between the hours of 11 and five for it to be fixed. The guy better hurry. All the good shows start back next week up after holiday break!

My fav shows currently on air are Bones, Ugly Betty and The Office. I am still holding out hope for Standoff on Fox. I also love classic TV. Old eighties sitcoms like Cosby Show and Family Ties. Growing Pains, Small Wonder...

Yeah, Small Wonder! ... Joke! Just wanted to see if you were still reading. But you do remember the show don't you?

My fave show of all times is Moonlighting but that deserves a post all its own. Roseanne is a respectable second. Funny, but the writing staff is esentially the same on both shows. The one show I haven't gotten around to watching is Veronica Mars. A very close friend of mine says that I remind her of her. Of course this is the same woman who after she saw Walk The Line she called me from the movie theater lobby on her way out to tell me that Reese Witherspoons portrayal June Carter Cash was a dead ringer for me. She still calls me Resse on occasion. ( I do however see myself in her character in "Freeway" a whole hell of alot.) Its on Cin on Demand right now. You should check it out.

Excuse my rambling.

So anyway, I will be TV less today. Maury will have to find unfortunate babies' Daddys without my support, and I'll miss round five million between Rosie and Donald Trump on The View. I guess I'll have to do something productive. Like maybe get some work done.
Or I could just watch DVD's on my computer.

3 comments:

JT said...

I'm watching Moonlighting!

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Oooh, I feel your pain. But I'm soooo glad you blogged again;))

Barbie Jo Mahoney said...

Are you okay? did you survive?? At least you could throw a dvd in your laptop to help with withdrawl.....