Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm Sick

I have a cold. This makes me angry.

I am not a good sick person. I'm grumpy and once I get past the anger of actually being sick, I spend the rest of the time until I am well hunting down the person who made me that way. Was it the dumb woman sho sneezed on me in the Grocery store? Were the germs on the pen that stupid guy handed me to use at the bank? Damn public restrooms and door knobs! Damn you all to hell!

I actually don't mind colds as much as a sore throat. Sore throats suck because I can't talk and I can't not talk. But the thing I hate the most is vomiting. The whole experience of it is horrible. I can't stand other people doing it either. I lived in a sorority house in college where we had some pretty serious drinkers. Back then it was sorta funny. Now not so much, largely because its usually my kids and I'm the one who now has to clean it up.

Sickness annoys me (mine or anyone elses) but injury I find facinating. I love a good bloody wound. THe might need a tournequette needing stitches kind. I could totally handle stitching someone up. Broken bones can be fun, too. I saw a ski accident once where a bone stuck right out from the skin. Dislocations are creepy. But to see them pop back into the socket is interesting.

So anyway, thats my rant. I'm off to blow my nose and hack up some phlem.

No comments: