Thursday, October 25, 2007

What's With Me?

I'm so unmotivated. Its fall, almost ski season. I have a story I'm working on that I'm just not feeling. I'm so not creative. The characters are totally not speaking to me.

Not that I try to have a conversation with them. If we did, we wouldn't have much to say. Like a relative who lives away and you have a conversation every few months thats just obligitory like hows the weather, kids. Alls good? Great, talk to you in another few months so we can have the same stupid conversation. I feel like my characters live in Peoria and here am in Rochester and not only do I not want to waste time talking with them on the phone, but I don't care if they even come home for Thanksgiving.

I feel I have extended this metaphore a little too far.

Anyway, I feel sorta disoriented, like Dwight on the Office when Jim hid his desk.

Check out the clip, you'll see what I mean.

2 comments:

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Man I know how you feel. So hard to get motivated sometimes and I think you are definitely are a winter blues type gal. You are beaming in the summer, chica. So get one of those sad lamps like the female cop uses on Men in Trees for when there's not enough sunshine;))) And then get back to work. Make those characters speak, dammit!

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling. I'm there. Just started a new book and not much is going on. Don't have a feel for them and talking to them would be like talking to a brick wall right now. They just sit there and blink at me like that stupid 'help' paperclip in Word.

I need my dark passenger to come out and play.

JT