Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Fifth Season Does NOT SUCK! (Minus Annie)



So, March 7 is the release date for the fifth season of Moonlighting and I personally can't wait. Word on the street is that Glenn is doing a commentary for Womb with a View (for anyone who doesn't know, this is the episode where David is dessed up in footie Pjs as the fetus "BABY HAYES" and Jerome the Guardian Angel introduces him to his parents, Maddie and David) I want to hear right from the horse's mouth that David is the father and not Sam Crawford!

There are poeple out there still unsure. You know who you are.

Okay, so I know fifth season has some low points. (Lunar?) But I think some of the downright funniest episodes are this season. NETHERWORLD is one of my all time faves where they have to run around with a corpse in the BMW's backseat and look for a lottery ticket. (You can't beat the shower scene in that one either.)

And of course the point of contention for every ML fan. ANNIE. I will probably be attacked for this but here is my opinion. I think the Annie arc would have worked if it made David and Maddie realize how awful life was without each other. I am not sure where the whole storyline went awry but I think its is somewhere where David calls her "desperate."

How out of charater is that?

If this post makes little sense to some people, sorry. But the Die Hard ML fan( cheap pun, sorry) will understand. I already ordered season five and will watch it faithfully. But for me the show ends at "Lips and Lies"

Cakes

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I remember you from Virtual Moonlighting! Cool that you are writing original stuff!

I also think the fifth season is okay to watch, but I admit that there is some strong evidence that Sam is that father. My biggest reason...

If they were sure David was the father, they would have gotten married.

And don't get me started on Annie. I think that Maddie should have hooked up with detective Donnegan as revenge. At least that would have evened things out a little.

Hmm... How about some more fanfiction?

Heather

Anonymous said...

I am also a fan of your stories. I also wish the Annie episodes didn't happen.

I think David knew all along he was the father. Thats why he asked her twice in EEK a Spouse! He knew, and he was waiting for Maddie to get rid of her denial.

I also have to add my favorite line from Season Five. From the episode "Shirts and Skins" when Bert and David go undercover at the mental ward. "NO ENEMAS!

Off to watch the Superbowl. Go Bars! Great job, Dana!

Kari Lee Townsend said...

So what are we watching in New England??????

Danielle Bronson said...

I totally agree that the Annie arc was rediculous. We do know that it was the writers intention to put Maddie and David offically back together but the show was abruptly cancelled instead of going into a next season and they ran out of time. So I can forgive that part of the Annie mess.

The baby was soo Davids. Why would the fetus look like David and not Mark Harmon? And Jerome says "There has been much confusion about just who is your father. BUT NOT IN HERE, OF COURSE." And then shows him a picture of David." Its Davids! Has to be!

There are some great fifth season lines. One of my faves from "Take My Wife For Example"

David and Maddie talking about their sex life...
David: Geeze Maddie, I think six or seven times a night for a man my age is pretty damn good!

Barbie Jo Mahoney said...

Hey, I'm with Kari... What are we watching in NEC?? I say something fun in the car and ML inthe hotel room!!!

all of your recaps are bringing back memories. God, I loved that show!!!
(can't quote a damn thing, though) :D

Danielle Bronson said...

I thought we were taking two cars?

I have loads of comedy movies. My suggestions are as follows..

Superstar ( who broke the good toaster?)
Coming To America ( yes, yes, fuck you Too! SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Old School ( I'm Streaking Baby!)
Anchorman ( You have man Boobs)
Caddyshack (Hey girls, I got a salami I gotta hide!)

Any suggestions for ML episodes to watch? I've decided I'm holding a workshop in our room called. "Why Moonlighing is Awesome"

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am on your ML list. I can't wait to read your new book! Congrats! I will be buying the season 5 DVD set of ML even though i dispise the way the show ended. I hate LE with a passion but yes there are some great great episodes in the first half of the season that a re a must to have. I figured GGC would be doing the commentary for WWAV. Isn't that the last one he wrote for the show? I was hoping to hear if Bruce and Cybill would gave teamed up to do one more commentary together since after this dvd set we aren't getting any more. But i won't hold my breath. It's great to see a love of a tv show helped you in your writing career. All the best success to you! I do love ML fanfiction too!

ROSE

Barbie Jo Mahoney said...

Count me in for the ML workshop!! Teach me all you know about Maddie and David, oh great ML Mistress!!!

2 cars? Are we? I dunno. Although we've got lots of time for that deal.

I'm all for Anchor Man, and I haven't seen coming to america is EONS...so that should be DAMN funny!

JT said...

you people actually think I'm going to drive 4 freaking hours with you all sitting in the back seat watching movies and ignoring me? Geez, you people already do that.