Sunday, October 08, 2006

Like a Virgin... I'm talking RWA Conventions Perv!

It was my first time, and like any virgin, I was nervous. Would I like it? Would I do it right? Did I smell okay? Did I wear the right underwear? Fortunately for me I was going with three very experenced conventioners. Welcoming? Hell yes!

And possibly the craziest coolest women I have ever met!

You ever have the perfect martini? All the elements are there, Vodka, Vermouth, lemon twist... They all work in perfect tandem and when you take a sip... yum taste orgasm. Thats what Jen-T, Kari -T and Barb-W are! Together they are the perfect combination. I felt like the olive, an unnessasary garnish, but fit in just fine!

Hmm... first I'm a virgin, now I am an Olive. Leave it to a lack of sleep and a Dramamine induced coma to mix my metaphores.

Where the hell was I?

Oh yes, my new girls. we are comming up with a name. In my head, I am already calling us the "The Smack Pack" for two reasons . (1) We all like to talk and (2) We all apprechaite "good people" and would smack the hell out of somebody who wasn't. Thats what I like about this crew. Kind, supportive, but doesn't take shit from anyone. Even Barb, who is probably the most gentlest person I have ever met, told me a road rage story about how she "f-bombed" and flipped some guy off on the road the other day with her mom in the passenger seat.

I love multi dementional characters!

I also dug how supportive everyone was. Not catty, not underhanded. Cool, very talented ( Kari won the PUT YOUR HEART IN A BOOK award), and god damn could they dance. (Jen-T missed her calling as a tour dancer for Christina Agullerra. If she isn't on the bestseller list in a year a two, I am glad she has something to fall back on.) And sing too! You never heard a better kerioke version of "What I Like About You!" We brought out the best in each other. Hell, we even are coolaberating on a project.

I have lots more to say about the convention, but the truth is I am still stoned on Dramaine from the drive home. This Virgin is worn out! My first time was so great, I am already thinking about the next time.

"Cakes' the Convention Whore!

Or wait..Am I still an Olive?

4 comments:

JT said...

Patty Cakes! OH MY GOD! You are more than a decoration, and orgasmic is an interesting way to describe what happens when you mix a cakes with two bunnies and a sharpie. You know I think you are the best! Without you, I wouldn't be where I am today, in publishing and in my sucky golf game. Do you see how nice it is outside...we should be playing golf and talking to our "people".

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Yay, Patty Cakes. We love you. You are so much fun, I can't tell you how glad I am that you went with us. And you're blogging. How cool is that???

Barbie Jo Mahoney said...

I'm lovin the blog, baby!! Wha-Hoo! You are so totally awesome in every way! An Olive? No freakin way. You're like the splash of vermouth (that's in a martini, right?) that makes the rest of the drink so smoooth.

Oh, and could you get any "hotter" looking in the picture on Kari's blog??? Jen looks dazed, Kari looks eternally happy, Lani looks tired and I look freakin wasted!! Then there's Patty Cakes with perfect posture and the sexy look goin on. Can you say sizzle??

I too am counting down to the next one.

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Post, post, post!!!! I want more;)))