Friday, December 15, 2006

Since When Is "Die Hard" A Christmas Movie?

So I was at my bowling league last night (Yes, I know. I bowl competitively. I will defend myself in a later post) and I was about to try for my spare when I heard my friend say, "I like Christmas because I watch all the movies I don't usually watch during the rest of the year, like Die Hard."

What the hell is she talking about?

So I ask her if it is the same movie I am thinking of. Terrorsists is a high rise, Bruce Willis half-naked, running barefoot over broken glass to save the day.

Lets pause a moment to reflect on "Half-naked Bruce Willis" shall we?

Yipee Ki Yeah Motherfucker!

So anyway, she makes the point that it takes place on Christmas Eve and the bad guys crash a Christmas party, and there musical score is all souped-up christmas music, and the point that one man ( even if it is Bruce) saved the day is a miracle.

Holy shit she has a point. Die Hard is a Christmas Movie.

Yeah, and Amityville Horror is a family film

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yay!! You're posting!!!!

I LOVE the Die Hard movies. never thought of it as a christmas flick. But hey, I'll take a half naked Bruce Willis on ANY holiday, thank-you-very-much!!!

And if I pause for a half naked Bruce moment...well, I won't finish my post!

I used to bowl competitively too many many moons ago. I love bowling (and I'm not ashamed to say so!)

Kari Lee Townsend said...

I second Barb, yay, you're posting!!! and that's funny because I have thought of die hard as a christmas movie. IT does take place at christmas time, folks;)))) and Bruce naked is good anytime.